Friday, November 18, 2016

A letter to the one I've loved

"8 November 19...

Dear Stranger,

I am writing you for not a specific reason. In fact, regarding to these matters there's hardly ever a reason. It's quite funny that we make better strangers than anything else in this world. I am not even sure if you remember me; it's been four years of silence after all. However, I am still having from times to times ghosts, dancing behind my eyelashes. Their figures look so familiar, but I can't identify them. Could it be us? I really don't have an answer for that since our clock has already striked midnight.

 You know after you were gone I kept on looking back, right back to the start, wondering what it was that made you change. Well I tried to get my answers, but at the same time I had to draw  the line. And believe me it took me a while to come to terms with myself for still loving you despite of knowing who you are. You see this feeling is so persistent just like a pest; an annoying insect that lives in my chest and eats me from inside out.

 But after all I've been through, I made it out alive. I saw that we were never meant to be and that even if I love you, I certainly do not like you anymore. I might lose  my temper sometimes and let your memory affect me, but you will never find your way back to me. I will never hold this door, that you closed, for you to walk into my life again. You made me stronger, wiser and the tragedy that you gave nursed my art. Do not ever think I am an unfinished book without you, because I am the writer of my story, while you were a chapter.
 

 Yet everytime someone mentions your name my  head turns towards to them. It's like everytime I hear it I think of all that we could have had and all that could have happened but didn't.



With all the love you no longer wanted,

A Stranger  "




That letter is nothing more than fiction. I got inspired by a book I was reading and so this letter came up.